[2013.02.25]
Woke up at 5
today...Slowly I'm making it back to a normal schedule. But I had to wait around till 11.40 to get
picked up and shown how to get to my school.
I guess that was about when I found out I won't be getting that 3 month
training period that I was told I'd have.
Which I was a wee bit angry and upset about, but once I got there and I
saw the kids I got a little less annoyed.
But now I'm super nervous about starting teaching next week already!
So what this
also means is that I'll be staying in UiWang.
Which I like and don't like; there's not much to do here, I mean I
basically walked all over the majority of UiWang yesterday. But I'm not too far from Seoul and I'm super
close to nature and mountains, so I' might go hiking a couple times a
month! I'm less than an hour from
HongDae, so if I'm up to it after dinner I could still totally go out and get
back on the last train.
So anyways
about my school, it's called LangCon.
And there's all these cute unidonkeys unicorns and other flying animals
all over the school. I'll be 1 of 5
foreign teachers teaching there, they're all super cool, and there's a new
Korea teacher starting up at the same time as me, so I have someone
inexperienced like me to be nervous with.
I'll be working 12.30 to 8.30, classes start at 2.45 and I don't work
Saturdays! Originally I was told I'd
work Saturdays and get a day off in the middle of the week to make up for it,
but now my weekends are always free. The
kids are anywhere from 4 to 12 years old.
And OMG are they the cutest things ever!!! >.<
My boss is
also really nice, I have to make lesson plans and present them to her. Which is totally nerve racking, but she's
really helpful with telling me what I need to work on for the lessons more. And mainly that is speaking up...Which when
I'm nervous or not use to something my voice is super soft!
There are
also TONS of amazing restaurants all around the school. We went to Kang's Riceballs for lunch. (Didn't take a picture cuz I left my camera
in my bag...) It was a huge ball of rice
covered in seaweed and inside I got some spicy chicken. SO YUMMY!
Rebecca also got a pumpkin soup that she split with us (cuz it was the
last one they had ready), so sweet!
When I got
back I observed on some classes. First
was Atlas kids, which is the second level.
I'm mad jealous at how well they understand English already! Not to mention they were so cute! At the end of the lesson they played
hide-and-seek with the flashcards, one group hides them in the room and the
other group has to find them and read the ones they found to the teacher. One girl was so excited to play and she came
over to me and gave me a card to hide while one of the boys was hiding one
under my chair. The girl couldn't sit
still anytime someone came close to me and never found her card.
I also
watched a Santa class, which is a higher up class. They were super excited to have me sitting in
on their class and kept asking me questions when class was over.
But the
downside to all this...I have to study for a test tomorrow!!! I graduated school so I wouldn't have to
study anymore. I have to memorize all
the levels and the books that go along with them. At first it seemed overwhelming, but after
looking over everything a couple of times it doesn't seem that bad any more.
For dinner I
ran down to a curry place. It was curry
out of a packet, but it was amazing! And
mixing the pickled radishes with the curry was so good!
Oh and I
also found out I'll be moving into my apartment on Friday! It's a holiday Friday, so my co-teachers are
going to help me move in. I'm so happy
to know I only have to live out of my suitcases for a couple more days.
I got home
and turned on the TV and watched some Olive, possibly my favorite channel
already. Cooking shows all the
time! Munched on some banana chips while
I studied. And finally crashed.

No comments:
Post a Comment