2013-03-01

Just a Little Hike


[2013.02.24]

Woke up this morning at 4...But I went to bed at 10, so I still got a nice 6 hours of sleep and felt refreshed.  Though I did have a bit of a headache.

Around 9.30 I thought it was about time to venture out and see what all was around me.  Within 5 minutes I discovered 2 things; one, I'm in Uiwang, and two, if I had crossed the street last night (aka took the over pass, about 100 steps) I could have had Shinhwa chicken for dinner!!!  That's right less than 5 minutes from my hotel is a Chicken Mania.  My first meal could have been Shinhwa chicken!

After kicking myself, I continued on walking around Uiwang and found some interesting places and buildings.  And then I came back to my hotel and took a different street, only to stumble upon a park that I can only describe as interesting...It had the basketball court, exercise equipment that Korean parks always seem to have, and then the animal-butt area.  I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, I'm guessing someone took some very loose artistic license, since it's right next to an art college.

I don't know...


Just past the animal butts, I decided to walk up a hill.  I thought I could get a better view of the city and maybe a some of the mountains we passed on the way here.

What do I find at the top?


Not just a good view, but I'm not really in a city anymore, but completely surrounded by mountains!  It was so pretty!  I wanted to walk up further, but I needed food and I didn't want to carry my purse around.  So I turned back in search of a bottle of water and some food, will all the intentions of coming back after lunch.  *crossed fingers Chicken Mania was open*


Chicken Mania was not open...It wasn't even noon yet, makes sense.  So I headed back to my room with a bottle of water and put my feet up.  But then when I went out again at 1.30 it still wasn't open.  The sadness.  The next best thing, I got some great Ddokboggi from Addal just up the street.


I went down another street that lead to Seoul this time.  There was some kind of party going on at a fishery warehouse, there was some awesome singing coming from somewhere within its depths.  Things started looking a little industrious so I turned back and decided to see what was in the Lotte Mart.

Mistake!

It was crazy in there!  It was like Josco in Japan, but tighter and a lot more crowded!  I only made it through one floor before I decided to make a run for it.  One day I'll make it through the 4 other floors of goodies.

I passed out around 6 by accident, the goal was to stay up till midnight....Missed it by a little!  But then

I started channel surfing to see what all there was on TV.  I managed to find some reruns of Infinity Challenge and then Shinhwa Broadcast around 11!  First day here and I found Shinhwa chicken and ShinBang~  That managed to keep me up till 12 and then I said goodbye to the world~

BTW, thought I should share the spectacular view from my room!


Amazing isn't it~

No comments:

Post a Comment