2013-03-03

All Night in HongDae


[2013.03.02]

OK, so Korean beds are like sleeping on a somewhat more comfy box-spring.  I like firm beds, I mean my futon back home is super firm, but these are a little too much.  I can sleep on them pretty fine.  But I wake up with really sore shoulders and arms.  I need to get my extra cushioning for it sent.

Anyways, due to the cold and hard bed, I slept kinda crappy...So I was going to sleep in since I hadn't really all week.  But low and behold I'm wide awake at 6am...After a bit I got bored so I decided to head to MyeongDong and get some shopping that I needed to do out of the way.

Since I was going to meet Leora in HongDae later, I stopped off there first to see how long it would take me.  And.  To try and remember where HongDae Park was.  Which it was a good thing I did that, cuz for the life of me I couldn't remember where the park was!  I swear I was walking around for close to an hour before I found it, and it's only about a 10 min, if that, walk from the station exit...The whole time I was literally a block or so away from it, but I just couldn't find it!


Finally did though!

Got to MyeongDong and the book store was closed...Sad...But got to the street and got cheered up by the shops and memories.  It looked just the same, other than I'm pretty sure there are twice as many makeup stores then there were 2 years ago!  Every block there is a Face Shop, Nature Republic, Tony Moly, Missea, and Skin Food!  I was pretty good avoiding being dragged into one by the offers of discounts and free things, but Tony Moly won be over.  Damn you JYJ!

Ran into so many Japanese people in MyeongDong!  I surprised the lady helping me in Face Shop by answering her in Japanese, she had just helped some Japanese girls and I defalted into Japanese.  Got my moisturizer, but the toner has to wait for a paycheck...

Also ran into Music Korea.  And I did a great job holding myself back from buying HyeSung's newest album and Teen Top's new limited edition album and poster...*twitch*  I need kpop on my walls again!!!  They're aren't complete...!

Headed back to my apartment to drop off my stuff and get some foods.  And I ended up taking a nap, since I only got 4 hours of sleep.  And woke up with enough time to freshen up and leave to meet up with Leora!
I can't tell you how amazing it was to see Leora again!  It's almost been exactly 2 years since we met in HongDae.  And to celebrate we went to binge on meat and soju at the same samgyeopsal restaurant we first went to!  The only thing that would have made this more awesome and memorable was if Taylor was there with us.


So much meat and soju!  It was amazing~  Finally when we decided we'd been there long enough we left and headed back to the park to see who was performing.  There was a hiphop group performing when Leora noticed a familiar face, the Mekju guy.  So we bought a bottle from him and got pictures with him.  Cuz you can't just buy a drink from this guy, he puts on a whole performance when you get something from him.

Yeah, my camera sucks at night...

Another band was playing and we sat around a listened to them for a bit before rushing to ZEN Bar.  We were lucky enough to get a  seat and sat around again talking.


I was going to leave around 10.30 to get the last train rather than pay $30 for a taxi.  But throw that idea out the window almost instantly.  So the options were get a taxi to Leora's place cuz it was close or just stay in HongDae all night.  The all night won out!

Got bored again and decided to walk around again.  Our Kim HyunJoong chicken restaurant was gone and made us sad, so we had to get some chocolate from the 7/11.  Eventually we made it full circle and went into Club Naked, cuz women could get in for free till midnight.  Hung around dancing for a couple hours.  Got a dance partner for a couple songs and watched this awesome Korean guy getting his groove on!


Finally it was Norae Bang time!  Found a nice little place, that was SO much cheaper than the one we went to the last time in HongDae.  Originally we were just going to sing for 2 hours, but we got close to the end and had just over an hour till the trains started up again, so we added another hour to it.  I sang so many Shinhwa songs.  And did a lot better on most of them than I thought I would.  Yo! was so much easier than I ever expected it to be and T.O.P might be my new song, for Korean at least, got 100% on it.

Finally 5.15 came about and we made our way to the train.  Got on the first one.  And finally around 7, I stumbled into my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment